Dow Jones appoints European sales managing director
LONDON - Dow Jones, which publishes The Wall Street Journal, has promoted Karen Mullis to the new position of managing director of sales and marketing for the Europe, Middle East and Africa region.
The move sees Mullis, who was previously managing director of sales for Western Europe, managing the company's other two European bureaux in London and Paris as well as taking charge of its Frankfurt bureau.
The job reflects recent changes to European management structure at Dow Jones's advertising sales unit Dow Jones International, which brought the Frankfurt office into one unified reporting line with Paris and London.
Mullis will continue to be report to John McMenamin, managing director of Dow Jones International. She will manage a team of more than 40 staff with reponsibility for all Dow Jones' publications in print and online.
A native of New Zealand, she joined Dow Jones in London as a senior sales executive in 1989 with responsibilities for Scandinavia, Switzerland and key accounts in the UK. Following her promotion to sales manager of the Paris office in 1993, she moved to Hong Kong as advertising director of the Far Eastern Economic Review.
In 1997, Mullis was promoted to managing director of the Review. She then returned to London to take up the role of managing director of sales for Dow Jones International.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London