GfK broadens service with Beyen Marktforschung buy
LONDON – Top 10 global research firm GfK has bought electronic consumer goods research company Beyen Marktforschung to expand its retail and technology portfolio.
Beyen Marktforschung collects the prices of electronic consumer goods and analyses the effects of special offers and promotions with data collected in Germany, Austria, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Eastern Europe, the UK, US and Canada.
The company was set up in 1986 and employs nearly 60 staff in Germany, with an annual turnover of €3.9m (£2.7m) last year.
Nicolas Brouet, chairman of the GfK's parent company IFR, said: "The acquisition of Beyen Marktforschung will enable us to offer clients a better and more comprehensive service.
"This refers, in particular, to market information about promotional activities in consumer electronics markets in Europe and the US."
The GfK Group achieved sales of €595m in 2003 from more than 135 subsidiaries in 57 countries across the world. It has five business divisions; retail and technology, consumer tracking, healthcare, media, and custom research.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London