Sky set to widen sponsorship ties with Milton hiring
LONDON - Sky is seeking sponsorship properties to promote its diverse range of programming. It has hired Lucy Milton, former senior product manager for L'Oreal's Garnier Fructis, as its first head of sponsorship.
Milton, who reports to Sky marketing director Charles Ponsonby, will identify and develop sponsorship deals that help consumers associate Sky with programming beyond its staples of sport and films, such as the arts.
This could be in conjunction with existing sponsors of arts and music events, or on its own. Sponsored events may also be televised on Sky.
The drive will build on Sky's recent aggressive customer acquisition activity.
The broadcaster currently co-sponsors the English National Opera and the English National Ballet in a three-year £3m deal with the Artsworld TV channel.
Prior to L'Oreal, Milton spent four years at Unilever as brand manager for its ice creams, and worked on its sponsorship of Tate Modern.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London