Sky set to widen sponsorship ties with Milton hiring
LONDON - Sky is seeking sponsorship properties to promote its diverse range of programming. It has hired Lucy Milton, former senior product manager for L'Oreal's Garnier Fructis, as its first head of sponsorship.
Milton, who reports to Sky marketing director Charles Ponsonby, will identify and develop sponsorship deals that help consumers associate Sky with programming beyond its staples of sport and films, such as the arts.
This could be in conjunction with existing sponsors of arts and music events, or on its own. Sponsored events may also be televised on Sky.
The drive will build on Sky's recent aggressive customer acquisition activity.
The broadcaster currently co-sponsors the English National Opera and the English National Ballet in a three-year £3m deal with the Artsworld TV channel.
Prior to L'Oreal, Milton spent four years at Unilever as brand manager for its ice creams, and worked on its sponsorship of Tate Modern.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London