Bez beats favourite Kenzie to win Celebrity Big Brother
LONDON - Happy Monday's dancer Bez became the shock winner of Channel 4's 'Celebrity Big Brother' last night with 54% of the votes, while bookies' favourite Kenzie came second with 46% of the public vote.
Sylvester Stallone's former wife Brigitte Nielsen came in third place.
Bez was 4/1, from 8/1 favourite originally, to win after Friday night's surprise double eviction of Caprice and former 'Holby City' actor Jeremy Edwards, but 19-year-old Kenzie has been firm favourite to win the show for over a week with odds shortening to 1/6 from 1/2.
Bez's erratic behaviour, including an escape attempt and refusal to join in some of the tasks, meant he was put up for nomination by his housemates, causing his popularity with the public to wane.
After beating racing pundit John McCririck in the public eviction, Bez called his housemates "a bunch of tossers" and attempted to climb over a wall and make a bid for freedom until Big Brother asked him to back down.
In comparison, Blazin' Squad member Kenzie had the bookies' lead over the 41-year-old dancer -- and has also been popular with all of his housemates throughout his stay in the 'Celebrity Big Brother' house.
Warren Lush, spokesman for bookmakers Ladbrokes, was also convinced Kenzie would win: "Kenzie is as likely to win as Jack Dee and Mark Owen were in previous series. It would take something major to prevent him walking out on Sunday night as the winner in a blaze of glory."
Bez, Manchester's most famous maracas player from his days with Shaun Ryder's band, wins the £50,000 prize fund, having already won £10,000 of it during the sticky lucre task on Friday night.
Channel 4 has revealed that £262,000 has been raised for charity over the 18 days of phone votes.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- UX Manager Creative Recruitment £64000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design & Production Assistant Creative Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Hertfordshire