MRS promotes Harding to deputy director-general role
LONDON – The Market Research Society has promoted Debrah Harding to the new dual role of deputy director-general and director of policy and communication, from her previous role as director of standards and policy.
The appointment is part of a wider move by the MRS to establish different identities for the society as a professional member association under Harding and a separate business division led by its managing director Peter Greenwood.
In April 2005, MRS is to launch a rebranding of the membership association, including a new logo, and will also launch the new MRS Company Partner service.
In her new role, Harding will have direct responsibility for industry and professional standards, professional development, external representation of market research, legislation and regulatory matters, public affairs and media relations, as well as overseeing policy on membership services and communications.
David Barr, director-general of the MRS, said: "Throughout her six years at MRS, Debrah has provided strong leadership on both policy and process development, particularly relating to professional standards and external representation. Her new role will broaden considerably the scope of her responsibilities."
Harding added: "Over recent years, MRS has worked successfully to expand its range of member services and industry wide initiatives. Now this broader remit requires a cohesive approach to all areas of activity."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London