MRS promotes Harding to deputy director-general role
LONDON – The Market Research Society has promoted Debrah Harding to the new dual role of deputy director-general and director of policy and communication, from her previous role as director of standards and policy.
The appointment is part of a wider move by the MRS to establish different identities for the society as a professional member association under Harding and a separate business division led by its managing director Peter Greenwood.
In April 2005, MRS is to launch a rebranding of the membership association, including a new logo, and will also launch the new MRS Company Partner service.
In her new role, Harding will have direct responsibility for industry and professional standards, professional development, external representation of market research, legislation and regulatory matters, public affairs and media relations, as well as overseeing policy on membership services and communications.
David Barr, director-general of the MRS, said: "Throughout her six years at MRS, Debrah has provided strong leadership on both policy and process development, particularly relating to professional standards and external representation. Her new role will broaden considerably the scope of her responsibilities."
Harding added: "Over recent years, MRS has worked successfully to expand its range of member services and industry wide initiatives. Now this broader remit requires a cohesive approach to all areas of activity."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London