Viacom Outdoor poaches Todd from Emap Advertising
LONDON – Viacom Outdoor has appointed Emap Advertising marketing director Sue Todd as its new marketing chief, only four months after poaching Emap Advertising's broadcast director Tim Bleakley.
As managing director of sales and marketing for Viacom Outdoor, Bleakley has succeed in poaching Todd from Emap after 11 years. She moves across in April to take on the role of marketing director.
According to Bleakley: "On the search list for the position of marketing director, Sue's name was at the top. She has spent the last 10 years studying and lecturing at the 'university' of media brands -- Emap.
"She's one of the most dynamic people I've ever worked with and we can't wait to have her at the heart of the next phase of development at Viacom Outdoor."
Todd's appointment sees Mike Baker move to take on the position of European marketing director, leaving her to focus on developing the visibility of the Viacom Outdoor brand in the UK.
Todd is the third director to depart from Emap Advertising since Bleakley defected in October. Dave King, Emap Advertising managing director, joined the Telegraph Group in January.
Paul Keenan, who was appointed chairman of Emap Advertising in October in addition to his duties as chief executive of Emap Consumer Media, said that King's departure was unrelated to the others. "We are disappointed she is leaving and Viacom are very lucky to get her."
Emap now has to replace Todd, as well as find a new managing director and handle the launch of Grazia next Tuesday. Keenan revealed that Emap currently has a shortlist of six for the vacant managing director post and there were strong internal candidates for the job of marketing director.
Bleakley's role was filled in December with the appointment of Karen Stacey as head of broadcast sales.
Meanwhile, Todd said that Emap was a difficult business to leave, but as a typical London commuter it was impossible not to see and be excited by the opportunity at Viacom Outdoor.
Todd worked her way up through Emap, beginning with various marketing and research roles, including three years at its Manchester Key 103 radio station. She then became marketing manager of Emap On Air for three years before taking on the then new role of director of people and culture for Emap.
As marketing director of Emap Advertising, formed in 2000 to sell across Emap's media platforms, Todd helped develop a distinct brand positioning and culture, and led the creation of research unit Emap Insight.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire