GWR and HIT team up for children's radio venture
LONDON - GWR and HIT Entertainment are creating a new radio station for children under 10 and their parents and carers, Chidren's Radio UK, featuring well-known HIT characters such as Bob the Builder.
The station will be available from May on DAB digital multiplexes and it has also applied for the new Manchester FM licence. Its DAB coverage will include London, Essex, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Bristol, Avon and Dorset.
Advertising, sponsorship and promotions on the station will target adults rather than children.
Ralph Bernard, GWR group executive chairman, said that CRUK will provide a widening of choice for the age group, which is currently underserved in the UK.
Programming will feature HIT's characters such as Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina, Thomas & Friends and Barney.
Nigel Birrell, HIT Entertainment executive director, said: "Storytelling and songs lie at the core of many HIT brands, and this is another example of how we are seeking to leverage the strength of our character portfolio through new and exciting distribution channels."
GWR and HIT will hold a 47.5% stake, with the remainder held by Susan Stranks, who is the founder of London children's radio service abracaDABra!
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London