GWR and HIT team up for children's radio venture
LONDON - GWR and HIT Entertainment are creating a new radio station for children under 10 and their parents and carers, Chidren's Radio UK, featuring well-known HIT characters such as Bob the Builder.
The station will be available from May on DAB digital multiplexes and it has also applied for the new Manchester FM licence. Its DAB coverage will include London, Essex, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Bristol, Avon and Dorset.
Advertising, sponsorship and promotions on the station will target adults rather than children.
Ralph Bernard, GWR group executive chairman, said that CRUK will provide a widening of choice for the age group, which is currently underserved in the UK.
Programming will feature HIT's characters such as Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina, Thomas & Friends and Barney.
Nigel Birrell, HIT Entertainment executive director, said: "Storytelling and songs lie at the core of many HIT brands, and this is another example of how we are seeking to leverage the strength of our character portfolio through new and exciting distribution channels."
GWR and HIT will hold a 47.5% stake, with the remainder held by Susan Stranks, who is the founder of London children's radio service abracaDABra!
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Digital Search Account Manager - London - £28K to £32K - www.we Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London