Westminster council tranforms identity with new design
LONDON - Two graphic designers have used 'functional, beautiful and usable' design to revamp Westminster City Council's identity and marketing materials.
The transformation has been achieved with a series of initiatives, such as an internal communications campaign that achieved 94% recognition across the council.
The designers, Michelle Moore and Clym Sutcliffe, spent the last year educating council officers about what graphic designers could achieve with more time to plan and develop ideas to create a more responsive identity.
Moore said: "In some cases, such as the 'Leadership' campaign, the creative was strong enough for the identity to be the leading element in supporting PR and marketing activity."
Suttcliffe added: "The priority for a local authority is to have marketing materials that are easily understood by the target audience of residents, business and visitors."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London