Sophie Anderton asked to appear in anti-drugs poster
LONDON - Model Sophie Anderton, the one-time cocaine addict and 'I'm a Celebrity' contestant, has been asked to appear in an anti-drugs poster campaign, according to reports.
The Mail on Sunday reports that Anderton, who was once the face of Gossard Wonderbra, has been invited by the Metropolitan Police to appear on billboards as part of its fight against drug use. However, the model told the newspaper: "I will do it, but probably not until I've been clean for more than 12 months."
Anderton has also become the latest celebrity to have her life turned into a reality television series, with ITV commissioning the series 'Me, Myself and Mark'. It will see a film crew following her and her nightclub-owner boyfriend Mark Alexiou, giving a warts-and-all look at their daily lives. It is due to be screened in April.
Anderton kicked her cocaine habit five months ago, after becoming a staple of the tabloids for her drug use and her tempestuous relationship with former Chelsea footballer Mark Bosnich.
Now she is a regular attendee at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, according to reports, and has found new love with Alexiou.
She appeared in the most recent series of ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!', where she was beaten into fifth place by journalist Janet Street-Porter, nightclub owner Fran Cosgrave, former royal butler Paul Burrell and the ultimate winner Joe Pasquale.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands