Communique 360 unveils new identity for London Luton Airport
LONDON - Communique 360 has created a new corporate identity and design guidelines for London Luton Airport, after winning the task following a four-way pitch.
The new designs for Luton, which is one of the UK's fastest growing airports with passenger numbers increasing from 1.9m in 1995/96 to 7.5m in 2004, will be the departure point for an integrated launch and awareness campaign that will include internal communications, consumer and trade advertising.
The rollout is scheduled between March and July, when the airport unveils a major new development including a new catering and shopping area, new departures lounge and pier.
Simon Barbato, joint managing director of Communique 360, said: "This is an exciting time to be working with London Luton Airport as it is poised for significant expansion of passenger numbers. We felt what was needed as an identity is a logotype that is contemporary and uncluttered supported by an icon that is a visual interpretation of the values as a London airport."
The new corporate identity comprises a stylish logotype with the outline of the terminal building's roofline, to reflect the airport's brand values. C360 has also created a supplementary branding device using the airport's international airport code LTN. The mark will double up as an educational tool and help people to quickly create an association with London Luton wherever they see it.
Natalie Raper, London Luton Airport marketing director, said: "Luton is at the heart of today's low-cost flying revolution with an excellent location in the London market."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire