Cancer Research UK launches 'clear out' campaign for stock donation
LONDOON - Cancer Research UK has launched its latest campaign, created by Burnett Works, to get people to clear out their cupboards and help save money by donating stock directly to its local shops.
The agency, which works exclusively for the not-for-profit sector, has created the "Clear Out for Cancer" campaign identity in addition to a range of promotional materials targeting shop managers and the public.
The charity is emphasising the benefits of clearing out your home and making space, as well as encouraging people to donate to help raise money for medical research.
Materials for inside and outside the 640 shops have been created, including posters, a staff-room totaliser and tabards, as well as materials to help get the support of local businesses.
Managers have been encouraged to embark on a local media campaign using press release templates and radio interview cue sheets.
The public are being targeted with the use of windscreen flyers, leaflets and posters that are focusing on the potential value of a bag of donated goods.
Burnett Works has also developed a press ad and 30-second radio ad featuring Radio 1 DJ Mark Goodier in the North East, London and the South West.
Julia Russell, retail marketing manager at Cancer Research UK, said: "We needed to encourage the public to donate more goods to our shops but, having already tested alternatives to the traditional, and very expensive, plastic door-drops, we wanted to get people to bring in their donations themselves."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London