HP attempts to break world record with £9m 'smile' campaign
LONDON - HP is attempting to create a world record with the launch of a £9m integrated consumer marketing campaign involving seven agencies and the largest amount of smiles the group can receive in six months.
The "smile" campaign is being executed through PR, advertising, online, shopping mall demonstrations, in-store demonstrations and point-of-sale activity to link its digital photography service and create a more personal relationship with UK customers.
The marketing programme launches on March 17 and will run through to August as the group aims for the largest photographic exhibition in the world.
HP's cross-agency team consists of Porter Novelli, Publicis, ZenithOptimedia, RedCell Response, TMB Marketing and Communications, Creative Direction and Channel Advantage.
The public have been invited to visit the HP website to upload their smiles, with all photographs to be displayed in a London gallery in August. For every smile exhibited, HP will donate 25p to the children's charity NCH.
Celina Hands, HP UK consumer marketing manager, said: "The cross-platform 'smile' campaign taps into people's desire for fun, creativity, comfort and individualism.
"A smile is the most direct physical human expression of happiness, loving and belonging, it is also our first response to having our photo taken."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester