Millward Brown to expand in Asia Pacific with Beijing office
LONDON - WPP Group-owned Millward Brown is opening an office in Bejing, its fourth in the country, to provide brand, media and communications research to Northern China.
Millward Brown already has offices in Hong Kong, Taipei and Shanghai and has been operating in the Chinese market for more than 10 years.
Account director Praveen Ramachandra and a team have relocated from Shanghai to Beijing to start the new office.
Ramachandra said: "New business has already started to come and we expect the office to expand quickly."
Michael Walkowiak, managing director of Millward Brown China, added: "China has one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, and Millward Brown is committed to keeping pace with this growth and expanding according to our clients needs.
"The Beijing office will strengthen and expand our relationships with existing clients in Northern China while improving the quality and range of services Millward Brown offers in the Asia pacific region."
Millward Brown also announced it is merging its New Zealand operations with the country's largest locally owned market research company Colmar Brunton.
The combined company will operate as Colmar Brunton, under the Millward Brown banner, with Colmar Brunton retaining majority New Zealand ownership.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire