Emap appoints consumer chief Paul Keenan to the board
LONDON - Emap has given a board position to Paul Keenan, the chief executive of its Consumer Media division and chairman of Emap Advertising who has overseen the launches of Zoo, Grazia and Closer.
Keenan joins as the eighth member of the board, which is formed of four non-executive directors plus Emap group chief executive Tom Moloney, group finance director Gary Hughes and chairman Adam Broadbent.
The appointment gives Keenan a say in the company's strategy over and above his role on the executive board, which is formed by Moloney, Hughes and the chief executives of the four operating divisions.
Broadbent said: "I am delighted to welcome Paul to the board. He brings broad strategic and operational experience, gained from working across many different parts of the business, and we're very much looking forward to his contribution."
Keenan has been chief executive of Emap Consumer Media since 2001, and was appointed chairman of Emap Advertising in October 2004.
He began his career in 1986 as a reporter on the Local Government Chronicle, and joined Emap's business-to-business division in 1992, working on editorial and then publishing across titles in the public sector, fashion and retail businesses.
In 1997, he moved to the consumer magazine division to oversee Emap's womens' magazines. He then become managing director of Emap Metro, with responsibility for titles including FHM, Smash Hits! and Empire.
In 2000, he led Emap's move online as chief executive of Emap Digital.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...