Cancer Reseach and WWAV to run first TV ads for Race for Life
LONDON - Cancer Research UK's Race for Life is launching its first multi-regional DRTV advertising campaign to urge women to race and help reach its target of £23m.
The campaign, created by WWAV Rapp Collins, is made up of a 30-second and 60-second spots using real footage from the 2004 events. A voiceover highlights where the money goes and illustrates the importance of the charity's work.
On March 24, the number of entrants for the UK's largest women-only fundraising event stood at 159,216, which the charity hopes to increase to a target of 425,000.
The ads will be shown in the Central, Granada, HTV West, Meridian, STV Scotland and Anglia TV regions from April 2 to 24.
The charity ran a pilot TV ad in the Central region last year that resulted in 26 out of the 29 races in the area being filled to capacity and pulling in £4.5m.
Jo Symington, head of Race for Life, said: "As well as communicating the basics around entering and raising money, the ads are also designed to provide a flavour of race day atmosphere and show what an inspiring, moving and positive experience Race for Life is."
The charity is holding 162 five-kilometre events across the UK from May 4 to the end of July. Race for Life began in 1994 and has raised over £70m for Cancer Research UK.
Findraisers can take part by walking, jogging or running 5km to raise sponsorship for Cancer Research UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London