RAM appointed to promote South Yorkshire after six-way pitch
LONDON – RAM Media has been appointed to promote South Yorkshire with a DM-led campaign after a six-way pitch.
RAM was appointed by Renaissance South Yorkshire to help promote the region to national audiences in the drive to stimulate inward investment.
Renaissance South Yorkshire, created by Yorkshire Forward, the regional development agency and the local authorities of Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield, is charged with delivering some of the physical and strategic regeneration projects that are shaping the region's economy for the 21st century.
There were almost 100 initial expressions of interest in the contract. These were then reduced to just six agencies, which were invited to make pitch.
The campaign will include direct marketing, regional, national and trade media relations, public relations as well as media planning and buying.
RAM is also responsible for the provision of new-media services to continue the development and promotion of the inward investment website. It is working in partnership on this part of the account with Wetherby-based web development agency, Netconstruct.
Kelly Farrington, managing director of Response Advertising Media, RAM's strategic media buying and planning division, said: "This account win is an excellent example of the different elements within the group working together to deliver a comprehensive range of services to larger clients who often have complex needs but who require a consistent standard of service and understanding."
Diane Jarvis, marketing manager at Renaissance South Yorkshire, added: "We were very impressed with the energy, enthusiasm and ability shown by RAM as well as its understanding of the complexities involved with regeneration and inward investment."
The Renaissance South Yorkshire win is one of several new-business wins by the RAM Media group so far this year. Others include Harrogate International Festival, Spoken Network, West Yorkshire Ventures and Craghoppers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London