Celebrities click their fingers for global end poverty ad campaign
LONDON – Celebrities including Kate Moss, Bono and Hugh Grant, have joined forces to click their fingers in a new television campaign for Make Poverty History, as part of the global campaign to eradicate Third World debt.
The "click" ad calls for donations to help save the lives of children in poverty-stricken areas around the world.
The spot for Make Poverty History also features stars such as Brad Pitt, Bob Geldof, Claudia Schiffer, Davina McCall, Cameron Diaz, Kylie Minogue and Emma Thompson.
The ad shows them clicking their fingers one after another, with each click representing the death of a child every three seconds in the Third World.
The ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, will break tonight just before 8pm on ITV, Channel 4 and Five, as well as a number of satellite and digital channels.
The campaign has been developed to build mass support to challenge the UK and G8 governments to drop the debt and give better aid to developing countries.
The ad will run on TV, radio, cinema and in print ads globally over the course of the year, using millions of pounds worth of donated ad space.
The music industry has also joined forces to support the campaign with artists including Keane, Snow Patrol, Futureheads and Spiritualised dedicating a few minutes of their shows to put the "click" ad up on screens for the people in the audience.
It is hoped the Make Poverty History ad will inspire members of the public to join the campaign, email or text the government a message to help end global poverty and make every concert a "Live Aid".
Make Poverty History is an organisation that brings together more than 300 charities, campaigns, trade unions, faith groups and celebrities who are united in the belief that 2005 offers an opportunity for global change.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Senior Digital Editor Major Players £250 - £300 per day, London