Emap loses finance director Gary Hughes ahead of results
LONDON - Emap's finance director Gary Hughes has resigned without another job to go to and he will leave the company at the end of May.
Hughes, who is also chairman of Emap Performance, the radio, TV and Q and Mojo music magazines division, has been group finance director for five years.
Tom Moloney, chief executive of Emap, said: "Gary leaves the business in good financial shape. His desire now to look for broader career opportunities elsewhere has my full support."
Emap's recent trading update ahead of its 2004 results showed that group revenues rose 2% year-on-year despite difficult trading at Emap France.
Hughes is also currently a non-executive director of Sainsbury's. Positions he held prior to joining Emap include group finance director of Scottish Media Group, deputy finance director of Forte and a number of senior management positions at Guinness.
Hughes said that he intended to take a short career break over the summer and then pursue opportunities elsewhere.
Emap is yet to fill another senior position, that of managing director of Emap Advertising, which was vacated by Dave King's move to the Telegraph Group in January.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Account Executive AF Selection Up to £22,000, West Midlands
- Marketing Executive AF Selection £22,000, Manchester