AirMiles appoints Telewest's Wood as marketing director
LONDON - The AirMiles Travel Company has appointed Sarah Wood as new marketing director with responsibility for advertising, direct mail and all online activity.
Wood joins the company from Telewest Broadband where she was head of consumer marketing and brand. At the cable firm, she was responsible for marketing, advertising and promotional budgets.
Prior to her time at Telewest, Wood worked at Procter & Gamble in a variety of roles and was responsible for managing healthcare brands such as Vicks and Crest, as well as working on marketing and category development projects with Tesco and Pantene haircare.
Wood, who will take up her new position on May 9, will report directly to Chris Jansen, managing director of AirMiles Travel Company.
"Sarah has an impressive track record developing and implementing marketing strategies for some of the UK's leading blue-chip companies," Jansen said.
Part of Wood's role will see her work on developing the potential of the loyalty firm's existing customer database and to develop new propositions for AirMiles' partners.
AirMiles Travel Company has around 6m customers and has spent the last few months tracking and analysing its customers' behaviour and attitudes.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Assistant Marketing Manager Major Players £30000 - £32000 per annum, Slough