Carat Interactive launches service dedicated to blogs
LONDON - Carat Interactive has introduced a customised advertising service to help companies engage their audience using the online practice of blogging.
The agency is giving advertisers the opportunity to extend their online ads by placing ads on blogs or blog networks. It will also offer clients a service where it will create a blog to encourage communication between the brand and customer and understand what is being said about a brand within the blogging community.
The latest service comes as companies were warned to be aware of "crisis communications disasters", following a report by PR agency Edelman.
The report urged companies not to lie and to respond with "facts and with respect" to unfavourable comments made on blogs. It was also advised that corporate blogs should be labelled and identified.
Blogs, short for weblogs, began by people writting postings as a personal online diary and have developed to feature everything from news coverage to product development as a source of information and entertainment for millions of blog visitors.
John Cate, vice-president and national media director at Carat Interactive, said: "For advertisers, blogs offer a number opportunities ranging from standard geographical and text ads to a two-way communication channel with customers to test products and messages.
"In the coming years, blogs will play an increasingly important role in establishing customer dialogue and communications planning."
The blogging service is offered as part of Carat Interactive's integrated media planning and buying service line.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Marketing & PR Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £23,500, West Sussex