Capscan unveils Matchcode database for Northern Ireland
LONDON - Capscan has released Matchcode with Pointer, its address management system incorporating a database of Northern Ireland's 805,000 addresses with added location references.
It is available as a standalone program for interactive data capture, or as a tool for batch processing and address cleansing.
The Pointer database assigns each property a unique reference number and geo-spatial coordinates. It was created following an extensive data matching exercise conducted on the datasets maintained by Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland, Royal Mail and the Valuation & Lands Agency.
It also provides information on building numbers and names, postcodes, post town, building status, business names, delivery point status, derived business use information and detailed business classification information.
Matchcode also allows enhancement of address with additional information including other business data sets, NHS codes and lifestyle data.
For bulk cleansing and processing, Matchcode with Pointer typically produces match rates of 90% or more on a first run and processes up to 1m records an hour. Abbreviations, mis-spellings and incomplete addresses can be identified using its "fuzzy matching" processing, as well as delivering full accurate addresses from a postcode or partial address.
Terry Hiles, managing director of Capscan, said: "There are currently more than 200 different address datasets in use within the Northern Ireland Civil Service alone, each of which is separately managed and maintained.
"This results in inefficient duplication of effort in collecting and maintaining address data and it inhibits the ability to share address-related data. Matchcode with Pointer simply and efficiently resolves this issue."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London