British Gas offers £2,000 prize for kids to design safety mascot
LONDON - Kids are being offered a total of £5,000 in prizes for designing a new safety mascot to appear on the British Gas Safety website and within an online game.
The top prizewinner will win £2,000 worth of computer equipment and have their character professionally illustrated.
They will get the chance to spend a day with the director of gaming at the design agency Graphico, which specialises in the creation of online games.
A panel of judges will choose seven regional finalists, each of whom will win £500 worth of vouchers for a computer retail outlet to spend on computer equipment of their choice. From these regional finalists one overall winner will be chosen and they will receive a further £1,500 worth of vouchers, making £2,000 in total.
Chris Bielby, head of safety for British Gas, said: "British Gas takes home safety very seriously. Many accidents and injuries that occur around the home could be easily avoided by following some simple tips.
Conceived and created by Graphico, the competition is being promoted via a media relations campaign, the British Gas safety website and to the existing British Gas Safety database. Further information can be found here.
The competition is open to children aged between seven and 14.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham