British Gas offers £2,000 prize for kids to design safety mascot
LONDON - Kids are being offered a total of £5,000 in prizes for designing a new safety mascot to appear on the British Gas Safety website and within an online game.
The top prizewinner will win £2,000 worth of computer equipment and have their character professionally illustrated.
They will get the chance to spend a day with the director of gaming at the design agency Graphico, which specialises in the creation of online games.
A panel of judges will choose seven regional finalists, each of whom will win £500 worth of vouchers for a computer retail outlet to spend on computer equipment of their choice. From these regional finalists one overall winner will be chosen and they will receive a further £1,500 worth of vouchers, making £2,000 in total.
Chris Bielby, head of safety for British Gas, said: "British Gas takes home safety very seriously. Many accidents and injuries that occur around the home could be easily avoided by following some simple tips.
Conceived and created by Graphico, the competition is being promoted via a media relations campaign, the British Gas safety website and to the existing British Gas Safety database. Further information can be found here.
The competition is open to children aged between seven and 14.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire