Marketing Store boost names Gale as European chief executive
LONDON – The Marketing Store has appointed former Draft and Grey Direct managing director Catherine Gale as CEO for Europe.
The appointment forms part of The Marketing Store's restructuring and comes after a six-month search for the right person to provide the required energy and focus for the company's European business, which includes clients such as Unilever, McDonald's and Shell.
Gale will report to global chief operating officer Dave Tridle and will work with the new European management team of: European chief operating officer Chuck Croft, with direct responsibility for finance, the consumer product group, IT and people and practices; European planning director Ross McDonald; and European creative director Shelford Chandler. She will also have managing directors for the European offices reporting in to her.
Graham Kemp, global CEO of The Marketing Store, said: "Catherine's appointment forms part of The Marketing Store's strategic initiative to appoint key leaders with clearly defined responsibilities who will build The Marketing Store's business to become the market's number one player through its unique integrated offering, Brand Activation, which unites all aspects of promotional marketing, from creative consultancy, promotional marketing and consumer product design and manufacturing. "
Gale comes to the Marketing Store with strong below-the-line credentials, joining from Interpublic Group where for three years she was managing director of Draft and regional director for Asia Pacific.
Prior to that, Gale was integrated communication director at Saatchi & Saatchi and managing director of Grey Direct International, London from 1999-2001. At Grey, she was responsible for launching start-up agency Grey Desire and developing key Grey Direct International business wins.
Other senior below-the-line roles have included European marketing director at WCRS, Campus Worknet and business development director at Ogilvy One Worldwide.
Her appointment follows that earlier of Amanda Morrissey as managing director for London.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London