Buongiorno hires Naked and Carat for mobile magazine launch
LONDON – Multimedia company Buongiorno has appointed Naked Communications and Carat to develop a cross-media campaign for the launch of its new mobile magazine product The Lab.
The Lab is already carried by mobile operators O2 and Orange and will be available via Vodafone Live! later this month.
It offers light-hearted interactive content such as 'Tube Gossip' quizzes, polls about celebrities, profile tests, sport and TV news.
Naked will develop a launch communications strategy for the Wap-based mobile magazine. The agency will partner with Point Blank, which was also appointed alongside Henry's House PR, to develop executions that raise awareness and drive subscriptions to the service.
The two agencies worked together on Maxim's first above-the-line advertising in 2003, which featured men in embarrasing situations and asked them to "grow up... a bit".
Carat will handle media planning and buying for The Lab while Posterscape will look after outdoor.
Henry's House PR will handle all media relations for The Lab including exploiting campaign advertising, ambient and guerilla marketing activity.
Luca Pagano, Buongiorno vice-president UK, said: "We wanted a marketing campaign for The Lab that would cut through the clutter and demand attention. We've chosen agencies with a proven track record of creating standout campaigns and connecting with our young, media-savvy audience."
The Mobile Data Association estimated that GPRS active devices topped 26m last September, an increase of 10% on the previous quarter.
The trend is expected to continue, with MDA predicting that by the end of 2005 75% of all UK handsets will be able to access the internet.
Pagano added: "We have ambitious plans for The Lab. Given the rapid growth of Wap usage The Lab was developed to maximise a significant opportunity we had identified for a service to target consumers' downtime and deliver entertainment via their mobile phones."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Pharmaceutical Associate/Account Director/ (Full or Part-Time) Brand Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Bedford