Albion appointed to Oi Bagel creative and planning task
LONDON - Albion has won the £1m creative and media planning business for bagel chain Oi Bagel after a competitive four-way pitch.
Albion will create a through-the-line advertising campaign, viral marketing, media planning and all other brand communication for the London-based bagel chain.
Steve King, founder and managing director of Oi Bagel said: "They stood out from the crowd. Very clever thinkers that took an idea through the whole communication mix."
Oi Bagel, which sells bagels and snacks, was founded in 1999 by King and currently has eight outlets across London.
The appointment comes as Oi Bagel prepares for a major expansion. In December, the company raised £1m from private investors with plans to open another five outlets across the capital, bringing its total to 13 stores.
The appointment marks the first account win for Albion since Nick Darken joined as joint creative director from St Luke's earlier this month.
Albion managing director Jason Goodman said: "Nick played a key role in the Oi Bagel win and it's already clear that Steve King is the sort of client who will push us to break rules. You can't really ask for more."
Before St Luke's, Darken was an art director at Wieden & Kennedy London. He has worked on the Nike Run London "I'll do it if you do it" and Nike Women's "Book of Lies" campaigns among others.
More recently at St Luke's, he created the £40m BT Network ICT business campaign.
Darken will work across the Albion clients, which include Innocent Drinks, Virgin.net, Blaupunkt, The National Gallery and the RNIB.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)