To the Point engineers physics lab for on-the-road science education
LONDON - Design and branding agency To the Point is helping The Institute of Physics bring science to life for schoolchildren with Lab in a Lorry, a range of vehicles kitted out with fun experiments to inspire 11- to 16-year-olds.
The project has been developed to raise awareness of the relevance of physics and involves three 40ft vehicles featuring a wide range of activities and experiments, one example by adding Dettol to water containing a sugar solution to create a spiral rainbow.
To the Point has developed icons to help reflect the experience with bold branding applied to the lorries and the words "Hear it! See it! Feel it!".
The Lab in a Lorry branding has also been extended to volunteer packs, promotional literature, advertising and The Institute of Physics' website.
The design agency is working on the brand guidelines, interiors and in exploring the use of lenticular screens to display scientific applications and its impact on the world.
The project, funded in partnership with the Schlumberger Cambridge Research Institute, will be visiting schools, festivals and supermarket car parks across the UK with a possible extension to South Africa.
Mike Stafford, lead designer at To the Point, said: "We were looking to emphasise the fun and interaction of experiments and move away from the perceptions of physics being something dull and boring. Our aim was to create a vibrant, fresh and dynamic look."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Digital Production Manager ADLIB c.£35k, South West England / Bristol, City of Bristol
- Brand Development Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Greater)
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)