To the Point engineers physics lab for on-the-road science education
LONDON - Design and branding agency To the Point is helping The Institute of Physics bring science to life for schoolchildren with Lab in a Lorry, a range of vehicles kitted out with fun experiments to inspire 11- to 16-year-olds.
The project has been developed to raise awareness of the relevance of physics and involves three 40ft vehicles featuring a wide range of activities and experiments, one example by adding Dettol to water containing a sugar solution to create a spiral rainbow.
To the Point has developed icons to help reflect the experience with bold branding applied to the lorries and the words "Hear it! See it! Feel it!".
The Lab in a Lorry branding has also been extended to volunteer packs, promotional literature, advertising and The Institute of Physics' website.
The design agency is working on the brand guidelines, interiors and in exploring the use of lenticular screens to display scientific applications and its impact on the world.
The project, funded in partnership with the Schlumberger Cambridge Research Institute, will be visiting schools, festivals and supermarket car parks across the UK with a possible extension to South Africa.
Mike Stafford, lead designer at To the Point, said: "We were looking to emphasise the fun and interaction of experiments and move away from the perceptions of physics being something dull and boring. Our aim was to create a vibrant, fresh and dynamic look."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire