Marian Salzman takes up global strategy role at JWT
NEW YORK - Marian Salzman has been appointed JWT's first global director of strategic content, reporting to worldwide chairman and CEO Bob Jeffrey.
She will take charge of global knowledge management at the advertising agency, including corporate intelligence and corporate communications.
Previously, Salzman was chief strategy officer at Havas-owned Euro RSCG Worldwide. Since leaving there, she has been working for JWT as a consultant for the past four months.
"I decided to join JWT for the new creative spirit, its top leadership who share a commitment to good work and global teamwork, and because JWT is the first agency in the world to own 'commercial anthropology', which is the true art and science of my craft," said Salzman.
In her new role, Salzman will look after all of JWT's public relations resources to ensure cohesive and strategic internal and external communications about the agency on global, regional and local levels.
She will also spearhead the development and dissemination of consumer insights, trend reports, and other thought leadership pieces.
"Marian is a visionary with the experience and skill set to move companies in new directions, allowing them to capitalise on opportunities ahead of others," Jeffrey said.
Before joining Euro RSCG in 2000, Salzman was president of the Intelligence Factory, formerly called the Brand Futures Group, at Young & Rubicam. Prior to that, she was head of TBWA's department of the future. She has also authored or co-authored 11 books on topics ranging from current affairs to the youth market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London