Marian Salzman takes up global strategy role at JWT
NEW YORK - Marian Salzman has been appointed JWT's first global director of strategic content, reporting to worldwide chairman and CEO Bob Jeffrey.
She will take charge of global knowledge management at the advertising agency, including corporate intelligence and corporate communications.
Previously, Salzman was chief strategy officer at Havas-owned Euro RSCG Worldwide. Since leaving there, she has been working for JWT as a consultant for the past four months.
"I decided to join JWT for the new creative spirit, its top leadership who share a commitment to good work and global teamwork, and because JWT is the first agency in the world to own 'commercial anthropology', which is the true art and science of my craft," said Salzman.
In her new role, Salzman will look after all of JWT's public relations resources to ensure cohesive and strategic internal and external communications about the agency on global, regional and local levels.
She will also spearhead the development and dissemination of consumer insights, trend reports, and other thought leadership pieces.
"Marian is a visionary with the experience and skill set to move companies in new directions, allowing them to capitalise on opportunities ahead of others," Jeffrey said.
Before joining Euro RSCG in 2000, Salzman was president of the Intelligence Factory, formerly called the Brand Futures Group, at Young & Rubicam. Prior to that, she was head of TBWA's department of the future. She has also authored or co-authored 11 books on topics ranging from current affairs to the youth market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London