Tears before bedtime as Celebrity Love Island gets under way
LONDON - It is the tackiest reality show to yet hit primetime TV and already 'Celebrity Love Island' is delivering for ITV1 as the Z-listers stripped off and Jayne Middlemiss, the former 'Top of the Pops' presenter, cried to camera asking to go home.
Middlemiss, also a former topless model, cried in her beach hut telling the camera: "I can't sleep and I want to go home. There are no walls. I have got no privacy. Whatsoever. It's driving me mental already."
Her tears echoed those of former All Saint Natalie Appleton, who cried her way through ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!' in November.
While Middlemiss blubbed, Rebecca "I slept with David Beckham" Loos jumped straight into bed with Abi Titmuss.
The blokes, including celebrity reality TV regulars Fran Cosgrove and Calum Best and former 'Hollyoaks' star Paul Danan, were all wowed by posh totty "It girl" Lady Isabella Hervey.
Last night's advertisers during the first episode included Sure, Dove and Magners Irish Cider.
The 12 celebrities, six male and six female, will be on the purpose-built resort in Fiji for five weeks and are in line to win a £100,000 cash prize.
The highlight of the show is supposed to be the couples who are voted into the Love Shack, a private beach home away from the camp where they will remain for 48 hours. Last night, Danan and Hervey were voted into the shack.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London