Ofcom unveils drive to alert people of new London telephone code
LONDON - Communications regulator Ofcom is launching a campaign to raise awareness of the new London (020) 3 numbers, which will be given out to residential and business customers who put in a new line.
The campaign will reach people in the London and South East area and will consist of 4,000 ads in London Underground carriages, ads in the Evening Standard, Metro and 72 local newspapers.
Leaflets will be distributed to public libraries, citizens advice bureaux, doctors' surgeries and an information leaflet will be sent out with every routine Ofcom licence mailing.
Ofcom is keen to emphasise that the additional (020) 3 number range is not a code change, but will be used alongside the existing (020) 7 and (020) 8 numbers.
The regulator is also working with telecoms companies, which will begin to inform their customers over the next few months as part of their regular written communications.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA