Ofcom unveils drive to alert people of new London telephone code
LONDON - Communications regulator Ofcom is launching a campaign to raise awareness of the new London (020) 3 numbers, which will be given out to residential and business customers who put in a new line.
The campaign will reach people in the London and South East area and will consist of 4,000 ads in London Underground carriages, ads in the Evening Standard, Metro and 72 local newspapers.
Leaflets will be distributed to public libraries, citizens advice bureaux, doctors' surgeries and an information leaflet will be sent out with every routine Ofcom licence mailing.
Ofcom is keen to emphasise that the additional (020) 3 number range is not a code change, but will be used alongside the existing (020) 7 and (020) 8 numbers.
The regulator is also working with telecoms companies, which will begin to inform their customers over the next few months as part of their regular written communications.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Head of Marketing Ninesharp £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, City of London