BBC Broadcast creates galaxy idents for BBC Two
LONDON - BBC Broadcast has created a 3D galaxy sequence for BBC Two to illustrate the vast universe of programmes that are relevant to viewers' interests.
BBC Two's yellow and purple colours have been used to create a universe filled with programme planets. The sequence guides viewers through the universe to show them programmes that might be of interest them.
Basi Akpabio, creative director at BBC Broadcast, said it is increasingly important to provide audiences with messages that are relevant to them.
"BBC Broadcast has created junction sequences that will be customised to the demographic that is most likely watching and can be easily adapted to remain timely -- and sometimes witty too," he said.
The sequences include "2 Night", pointing daytime viewers to evening programmes; "2 Suggests", recommending similar programmes after a programme has finished; and "2 Words", which contain witty, two-word programme reviews.
The sequence debuts on May 31.
"Through the new navigational guides BBC Two can talk more directly to its audience, which we hope will enhance the relationship between the channel and its viewers," James Pestell, head of marketing at BBC Two, said.
In addition, new channel menus have been created to fit in with the new look.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire