WAA bolsters team with Williams appointed head of design
LONDON - Midlands-based advertising and branding agency WAA has further strengthened its creative credentials with the appointment of Justin Williams as head of design.
Williams joins from his international design consultancy Excellent Design, which like WAA is also based in Birmingham. He brings with him experience gained from working in London, Hong Kong and New York.
As well as founding Excellent Design, Williams is a former design director of HHC Lewis in Bristol and creative director at Unigraph. Prior to that he worked at Beatey Singapore, and with two agencies in Hong Kong, Sixth Sense and Ikon International.
"I'm looking to provide an environment where I can help grow and nurture the creative culture within the agency. I want to do the best creative work I can and WAA gives me a platform to do that," Williams said.
WAA moved up to seven from 13 in Campaign's league of regional agencies and moved into the top 50 overall of Campaign's Top 300 this year.
The appointment of Williams follows a number of new-business wins, which included a five-way fight to take the Sony Centre account. Other clients include Land Rover, Jaguar and House of Fraser.
Chris Hughes, creative director at WAA, said: "We've got a talented team here, but we're always looking to improve our creative offering. We've had a few good business wins lately so we're delighted to have Justin joining us."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Motion graphics designer/after effects expert Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London