Aegis sees digital revenues rise as clients shift budgets from traditional media
LONDON – Aegis Group, owner of Carat, has seen a rise in first-quarter revenues of 12.5%, as it reported a shift in the allocation of budgets away from conventional broadcast and print media towards interactive and out-of-home media.
This shift has led to Carat's digital agency Isobar contributing over 13% of Aegis's media revenues in the first quarter, which it said it expects to rise for the full year and in the future.
Aegis said Europe has maintained its recovery with first-quarter revenues 12.5% higher than the same period last year after increased client spending. Aegis said Asia Pacific was also showing strong growth, with China being the strongest contender.
Lord Colin Sharman, chairman of Aegis, said in his AGM statement: "Overall, trading in the year is in line with our expectations, with broadly based growth across the group."
US marketing spend also rose in line with expectations. While Europe was largely doing well, Aegis did say that certain parts of the region were underperforming.
The first quarter of 2005, Aegis said it has built up $425m (£232.6m) of new business, compared with $285m in the first quarter of 2004.
Organic growth of media revenues was 5.3%, equal to the performance in the first quarter of 2004.
Aegis' market research arm Synovate continued to perform well, increasing revenues by 12% in the first quarter.
The group said Synovate was on line to hit targets for the year with the launch of a number of new initiatives, including the creation of a global data collection facility, which should significantly bolster profit.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London