Sky Digital picks up first UK gay TV channel Faze
LONDON - The first British gay lifestyle TV channel Faze TV, created by former Sky Italia boss David Bouchier, is to launch on Sky Digital later this year.
Faze TV will feature fashion, clubbing, travel, community and health issues. There will also be various cult and comedy series as well as late-night adult programming.
The channel is being launched by former programming managing director of Sky Italia Bouchier, who left to start up Faze.
Bouchier said a gay channel was "long overdue in Britain" and that he was disappointed that positive images of gays are still missing from TV.
"The channel is gay-owned and run and will reflect how 'real' gay men live in Britain today," he said.
Faze TV will launch on Sky Digital from September 1 and will be supported by a marketing campaign at this summers' gay pride festivals.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- account manager > GLOBAL FMCG collectivo £25k-£30k + bens, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager | Recruitment Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - great agency N Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £42k, Bury, Greater Manchester / Huddersfield, West Yorkshire / Manchester, Greater Manchester / Oldham...
- PR Senior Account Executive Major Players £24000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior National Account Manager , New Brand Premier Consultants c.£60k-£65k plus car & bonus, East of England / South East England / London (Greater)