Sky Digital picks up first UK gay TV channel Faze
LONDON - The first British gay lifestyle TV channel Faze TV, created by former Sky Italia boss David Bouchier, is to launch on Sky Digital later this year.
Faze TV will feature fashion, clubbing, travel, community and health issues. There will also be various cult and comedy series as well as late-night adult programming.
The channel is being launched by former programming managing director of Sky Italia Bouchier, who left to start up Faze.
Bouchier said a gay channel was "long overdue in Britain" and that he was disappointed that positive images of gays are still missing from TV.
"The channel is gay-owned and run and will reflect how 'real' gay men live in Britain today," he said.
Faze TV will launch on Sky Digital from September 1 and will be supported by a marketing campaign at this summers' gay pride festivals.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London