The Independent appoints Touchdown for brand growth
LONDON - Brand affinity specialist Touchdown is to develop a marketing programme for The Independent, focusing on marketing partners that will enhance the newspaper's offering.
The aim is to forge ties with products and companies that fit the paper's core sectors, including travel, technology, arts and culture, and are of interest to readers, as part of an ongoing marketing and communications plan.
Simon Seward, Touchdown managing director, said: "The Independent is using brand affinity strategy to take it forward into the next stage of development.
"We are truly excited about the possibilities that this programme will deliver and believe it will prove a key differentiator for The Independent."
He added that Touchdown would focus on building a "unique package of reciprocal opportunities", which support The Independents marketing and communications objectives strategically and tactically helping to reinforce the uniqueness and originality of its readership.
According to The Independent's marketing director David Greene: "This relationship is about ensuring Touchdown delivers the right brand community and clear value for The Independent reader."
Touchdown's clients over the past year include Sony, BBC World, Vodafone, Hewlett Packard, American Airlines, Mastercard and Apple.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Group Account Director Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, Central London