UCI and Odeon Cinemas offer filmgoers content on mobile phones
LONDON – UCI and Odeon Cinemas have done a deal with mobile entertainment company Urban Mobile, giving film fanatics the chance of experiencing exclusive film content direct to their mobile phones for the latest movie releases.
Terra Firm Capital Partners, which owns the cinemas, has developed a campaign that will offer film fans a mobile entertainment pack at UCI and Odeon cinema box offices for access to Wap sites that have been developed for blockbuster films.
The project will allow users to download relevant content and also enable customers to book tickets for other films.
All content will be free for seven days, after which the user can choose to join a club for £3 a month, with Urban Mobile emphasising that there is no automatic sign-up at the end of the free period.
The next stage of the campaign is being developed with a service where customers will be sent a message containing a video preview of a new film, from which they can visit the Wap site.
The project has been designed not only to generate additional revenue from films, but to gather information on customers, such as purchase patterns and interests, to help develop future services and marketing campaigns.
Duncan Cheadle, sales director of Urban Mobile, said: "Demand for mobile entertainment is set to explode over the next two years and UCI and Odeon recognised that here is a great opportunity to market to customers, with information they want in a format they want it."
Mobile packs will be available for the forthcoming blockbuster films 'War of the Worlds' and 'The Fantastic Four'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London