Blockbuster and American Airlines join up for two-for-one flight offer
LONDON – American Airlines has teamed up with Blockbuster for a joint promotional campaign giving customers who spend £10 or more the chance to qualify for a two-for-one flight offer to the US.
The campaign, created by Touchdown Brand Affinity Marketing, is part of American Airlines plans to shift away from traditional media such as television and forge a stronger link with UK companies to enhance the brand across key European markets.
Blockbuster, which is currently running a major TV advertising campaign for its online movie rental service, is running the joint promotion from June 21 across more than 700 stores nationwide.
Flights for travel to either New York or Los Angeles are offered between November 2005 and March 2006 with a dedicated call centre set up to handle the promotion.
The campaign is American Airline's first high-street partnership with Blockbuster and is designed to increase sales and awareness for the two brands.
Paul Greenwood, sales promotion and partnership marketing manager at Blockbuster, said: "We are really excited about this promotion and the link with American Airlines.
"The opportunity to give our customers this sort of added value is fantastic and our movie-loving members will undoubtedly rush at the chance to visit two cities with so much film history."
Touchdown Brand Affinity Marketing was launched in 2002 and has worked with brands including HP, Vodafone, Apple, Mastercard, BBC World, Sony and Independent Newspapers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall