Esure backs Will Young concert after promoter goes into administration
LONDON – Insurance firm Esure and its blue 'Mr Mouse' mascot has stepped in to save a Will Young concert after the promoter of the gig, John Hessenthaler Concert Productions, went into administration.
Peter Wood, chairman of Esure and founder of Direct Line, decided to get involved in the Reigate-based concert, part of a three-day music festival comprising Prom in the Park and various tribute bands, after he heard the gig on July 22 could be cancelled.
Adrian Webb, head of corporate communications at Esure, said: "We decided to step in when we became aware there was a problem and the gig may not go ahead and thought it would be a great branding opportunity."
'Mr Mouse', Esure's newest mascot supporting its latest advertising campaign, will be seen around the concert where 5,000 people will get the chance to see their favourite Pop Idol winner.
Fidelity Investments, Sutton and East-Surrey Water, Watson Wyatt Worldwide and Surreyonline.co.uk are also sponsoring the three-day event.
Esure dropped filmmaker Michael Winner from its advertising campaign in May in favour of the little blue rodent as part of a £20m campaign.
The icon has appeared in television, press and poster ads and was created in-house by Sian Vickers and Chris Wilkins, along with Vinton Studios in the US.
Jools Holland fans have not been so lucky as two of his gigs, at Broadlands Romsey on July 30 and Powderham Exeter on July 31, have been cancelled because of the promoter going into administration.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds