Soap magazine launches online auction for Cancer Research UK
LONDON – All About Soap magazine is giving readers the chance to get hold of the wedding hats worn by 'Coronation Street' characters Blanche and Audrey and 'EastEnders' bad boy Nick Cotton's black leather coat for its second annual online auction.
The fortnightly magazine is auctioning off more than 40 items of memorabilia from soaps such as 'Emmerdale', 'Hollyoaks', 'Neighbours', 'Family Affairs', 'Home and Away', 'The Bill' and 'The Archers'.
All the items for auction are available from today July 26 on eBay until August 5, with all proceeds from winning bids donated to Cancer Research UK.
Other items up for grabs include the waistcoat worn by Jim Carver's character in 'The Bill' worn at the wedding to June Ackland, an evening dress worn by Lisa in 'Hollyoaks' and 'Family Affairs'' Chrissy Costello's wedding gown and coat.
The auction is also giving away exclusive soap experiences such as a personal tour of the 'Coronation Street' set, a day with 'The Archers' at their studios, signed scripts and the chance to bid by text for the magazine's celebrity writer Verity Rushworth's signed apron from 'Emmerdale''s Cafe Hope.
All About Soap editor Jonathan Hughes said: "Our readers just love getting their hands on signed goodies that money can't buy. So, our second soap memorabilia auction, where fans can bid for the most coveted soap items, is sure to be as big a hit with readers and viewers alike as last year."
The auction will be supported by in-magazine activity and an extensive viral campaign targeting the magazine's subscribers, registered website users and advertisers.
There will also be cross promotion in sister titles Inside Soap and Sugar magazine and a PR campaign. Cancer Research UK will be promoting the auction on its website.
Greg Oldfield, corporate fundraising manager for Cancer Research UK, said: "We are thrilled to be benefiting from this very exciting auction. Many people from all walks of life enjoy catching up with their favourite soaps, so I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in this auction.
"There are some really unique and iconic items up for grabs, so we hope people will bid generously and help raise lots of money towards Cancer Research UK's vital work on curing cancer faster."
All About Soap, which is published by Hachette Filipacchi, had a circulation of 71,827 in the July to December 2004 period, according to the latest ABCs.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1