Gay media company sets up online travel offering
LONDON – The company behind Gaydar Radio and Gaydar.co.uk is expanding into the online travel sector with the launch of Gaydartravel.com, backed by a £1m marketing budget.
QSoft Consulting, owner of the group, said research conducted by Gaydar Radio showed that a quarter of Gaydar's audience were interested in purchasing global travel packages online.
The survey's respondents took an average of 2.5 holidays a year, with city breaks and beach holidays topping the list. British Airways was their favourite airlines.
Gaydartravel.com will offer tailored packages to destinations including the UK, South Africa, Europe, the US and Australia.
Darren Cooper, Gaydartravel travel manager, said: "With many of the mainstream travel companies now actively chasing the gay and lesbian market, we are in a great position to negotiate better deals for our customers."
The Gaydar.co.uk site has 2.1m subscribers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London