Gay media company sets up online travel offering
LONDON – The company behind Gaydar Radio and Gaydar.co.uk is expanding into the online travel sector with the launch of Gaydartravel.com, backed by a £1m marketing budget.
QSoft Consulting, owner of the group, said research conducted by Gaydar Radio showed that a quarter of Gaydar's audience were interested in purchasing global travel packages online.
The survey's respondents took an average of 2.5 holidays a year, with city breaks and beach holidays topping the list. British Airways was their favourite airlines.
Gaydartravel.com will offer tailored packages to destinations including the UK, South Africa, Europe, the US and Australia.
Darren Cooper, Gaydartravel travel manager, said: "With many of the mainstream travel companies now actively chasing the gay and lesbian market, we are in a great position to negotiate better deals for our customers."
The Gaydar.co.uk site has 2.1m subscribers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)