Gay media company sets up online travel offering
LONDON – The company behind Gaydar Radio and Gaydar.co.uk is expanding into the online travel sector with the launch of Gaydartravel.com, backed by a £1m marketing budget.
QSoft Consulting, owner of the group, said research conducted by Gaydar Radio showed that a quarter of Gaydar's audience were interested in purchasing global travel packages online.
The survey's respondents took an average of 2.5 holidays a year, with city breaks and beach holidays topping the list. British Airways was their favourite airlines.
Gaydartravel.com will offer tailored packages to destinations including the UK, South Africa, Europe, the US and Australia.
Darren Cooper, Gaydartravel travel manager, said: "With many of the mainstream travel companies now actively chasing the gay and lesbian market, we are in a great position to negotiate better deals for our customers."
The Gaydar.co.uk site has 2.1m subscribers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London