Fast Track wins European Indoors Athletics Championships task
LONDON - Fast Track has been appointed to handle sponsorship and event presentation for the 2007 EAA European Indoor Athletics Championships.
Sports marketing agency Fast Track hopes to raise more than £400,000 in sponsorship revenue with opportunities available for a number of exclusive national partners and suppliers at the event in Birmingham.
Marc Hope, Fast Track's head of business development, said the event will be a great chance for brands and companies to get involved in a premier Olympic sport.
"Britain has a history of success at these championships so it's a real opportunity to play a part and benefit from that success, and to be involved with a sport that is on a high with the decision to award the 2012 Olympic Games to London. This is a real stepping stone towards 2012," he said.
Around 40 countries will compete in the championships, which take place at Birmingham's National Indoor Arena from March 2 to 4 2007.
The BBC will be broadcasting live from the event over three days. In total, 190 hours of TV broadcasting will reach 90m people worldwide and more than 350 representatives of the media are expected to attend.
Fast Track was also responsible for handling the IAAF World Indoor Championships in 2003, again held in Birmingham, where it raised £400,000 in national sponsorship.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London