Wegener UK chief executive role changes hands
LONDON – David Perkins, the chief executive of Wegener DM UK, has left the company and has been replaced by the Wegener Netherlands director Otto Oosterwijk.
Oosterwijk's role has in turn been taken by Arthur Detering, who was formerly a member of the Netherlands management board.
Wegener said that Perkins has left "to look for new challenges outside the UK group". He spent more than three years at the company after joining from BHWG Proximity in 2002.
Under his leadership, the company was reorganised to focus on data services, selling off its magazine polywrapping business Magazine Mailing and its catalogue company Consumer Leads.
These discontinued businesses were blamed for the 3% fall in revenues seen by the direct marketing arm of Wegener in 2004.
Wegener has also just announced that it is to derive new revenue streams from expanding the services of its London-based data management and intelligence division Wegener DM Results, which is headed by Roy Barker and recently won a contract with holiday operator TUI.
The division will pursue a European "centre of excellence" approach providing data consultancy through offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Scandinavia and through partners in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Bert Smits, Wegener's European head, said: "Wegener DM Results has more than 10 years' experience of helping clients achieve extraordinary results for their clients from their customer databases. We are recognising their achievements by creating this centre of excellence."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- eCommerce Operations Executive - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car allowance, Newport Pagnell
- Category Executive - FMCG Brand Recruitment £Competitive , Peterborough
- Brand Coordinator Brand Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, Wellingborough
- Digital & CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London