New idents urge viewers to escape their lives with Turner Classic Movies
LONDON – Viewers will be invited to escape their humdrum lives for the excitement of classic films in a new series of idents for Turner Classic Movies.
The campaign has been created by an in-house team headed by Nick Leaf, creative director, and Simon Goodrick, creative manager, and draws inspiration from classic film imagery.
The four idents, consisting of one 25-second and three 20-second spots, were shot in Uruguay on 35mm film and coordinated by the production company Salado Media, using a helicopter gyromount, steadycam and tulip crane.
In the 'swim' ident, a man is seen diving into an ocean from an isolated boat and swimming underwater until he pulls himself up on the edge of a swimming pool in the middle of an exclusive party.
In 'Sand', a woman in a red dress is running along a corridor where she enters a lift to find herself on a tropical torch-lit beach.
In 'Run' a woman, also wearing a red dress, stands in a stark urban environment and then starts to run end eventually ends up in a forest where she finds herself in front of a handsome stranger.
And lastly, 'Drive' features a couple cruising along in an open-topped car looking for directions on a map, when they find themselves driving along an open road in the midst of stunning landscape.
Salado Media, which is based in Uruguay and Argentina, found the locations, models and coordinated the shoot with emergency services on standby for the helicopter shots in 'Drive' and 'Swim'.
TCM took on Tim Green, a freelance director of photography, with post-production completed in-house. Flame was operated by Peter McGlasham and the idents written, directed and edited by Simon Goodrick.
The channel, part of Time Warner, launched in the UK and Europe six years ago. It is available via cable, satellite and digital terrestrial and reaches over 9.6m UK households.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London