Thomson and UK Tickle launch travel personality campaign
LONDON – Thompson.co.uk and uk.Tickle.com have joined up to help you find out your 'travel personality', be it British Bulldog or an Action Super Hero, with a new online marketing initiative to engage holidaymakers.
Consumers who take the psychology test are directed to destination pages on Thomson.co.uk with holidays tailored to suit their personalities.
The viral campaign, developed by Bluepool, the online marketing and ePR arm of Lexis Public Relations, has been developed to engage with online users and drive targeted traffic to specific destinations on Thomson.co.uk.
The travel agent has created tailored pages for each travel personality giving users recommended holiday destinations, accommodation options and activities for individual profiles.
Other possible results of travel personalities include Wilderness Warrior; Glocal, which is described as a citizen of the world; Tender Tourist; and Met-Setter.
The campaign will be ongoing with continued online support. The test will be live on uk.Tickle.com until October 2005.
Grahame Donoghue, head of new media at Thomson, said: "This partnership enables us to engage with potential customers when they are enjoying leisure interest sites such as Tickle and are at the earliest stage of their holiday decision-making process.
"To be able to provide customers with tailored recommendations, before they have even entered our website makes researching and purchasing holidays online an even easier experience."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex