Thomson and UK Tickle launch travel personality campaign
LONDON – Thompson.co.uk and uk.Tickle.com have joined up to help you find out your 'travel personality', be it British Bulldog or an Action Super Hero, with a new online marketing initiative to engage holidaymakers.
Consumers who take the psychology test are directed to destination pages on Thomson.co.uk with holidays tailored to suit their personalities.
The viral campaign, developed by Bluepool, the online marketing and ePR arm of Lexis Public Relations, has been developed to engage with online users and drive targeted traffic to specific destinations on Thomson.co.uk.
The travel agent has created tailored pages for each travel personality giving users recommended holiday destinations, accommodation options and activities for individual profiles.
Other possible results of travel personalities include Wilderness Warrior; Glocal, which is described as a citizen of the world; Tender Tourist; and Met-Setter.
The campaign will be ongoing with continued online support. The test will be live on uk.Tickle.com until October 2005.
Grahame Donoghue, head of new media at Thomson, said: "This partnership enables us to engage with potential customers when they are enjoying leisure interest sites such as Tickle and are at the earliest stage of their holiday decision-making process.
"To be able to provide customers with tailored recommendations, before they have even entered our website makes researching and purchasing holidays online an even easier experience."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Social and Digital Media - Leading Luxury Brand Digital Gurus £55000 - £65000 Per Annum plus bonuses, London
- Account Director fishtank £40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Somerset
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London