Prince Harry to give Sky One exclusive birthday interview
LONDON – Prince Harry has chosen Sky One to give a frank television interview to in order to mark his 21st birthday, leading to reports he has 'snubbed' the BBC.
Prince Harry will be interviewed by Sky One's royal correspondent Katherine Witty and will talk about his relationship with Chelsy Davy, which has until now remained purely speculative.
Other topics likely to surface during the interview are the death of his mother Diana and how it affected him, and the furore surrounding the Nazi uniform he wore to a party last year -- although it is believed that Clarence House will pre-vet the questions.
The interview is a major coup for Sky One, with BBC One and ITN usually landing royal interviews and also because of its owner Rupert Murdoch's republican views.
The decision is controversial because it is seen as a direct snub to the BBC and a break in tradition.
It is believed that Harry was influenced by his father Prince Charles in choosing Sky One as his preferred channel.
Prince Charles has been increasingly annoyed by the BBC, calling its royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell "that awful man" at a Klosters press conference in March this year.
He was also distressed when BBC One current affairs show 'Panorama' said his wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles may not be legal earlier this year.
The interview is likely to take place on or just after September 14, when Harry turns 21.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London
- Technical Sales Manager #RTB #Mobile #London Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + + OTE 50%, City of London
- Digital Designer - London - £25,000 - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London