Prince Harry to give Sky One exclusive birthday interview
LONDON – Prince Harry has chosen Sky One to give a frank television interview to in order to mark his 21st birthday, leading to reports he has 'snubbed' the BBC.
Prince Harry will be interviewed by Sky One's royal correspondent Katherine Witty and will talk about his relationship with Chelsy Davy, which has until now remained purely speculative.
Other topics likely to surface during the interview are the death of his mother Diana and how it affected him, and the furore surrounding the Nazi uniform he wore to a party last year -- although it is believed that Clarence House will pre-vet the questions.
The interview is a major coup for Sky One, with BBC One and ITN usually landing royal interviews and also because of its owner Rupert Murdoch's republican views.
The decision is controversial because it is seen as a direct snub to the BBC and a break in tradition.
It is believed that Harry was influenced by his father Prince Charles in choosing Sky One as his preferred channel.
Prince Charles has been increasingly annoyed by the BBC, calling its royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell "that awful man" at a Klosters press conference in March this year.
He was also distressed when BBC One current affairs show 'Panorama' said his wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles may not be legal earlier this year.
The interview is likely to take place on or just after September 14, when Harry turns 21.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London