Match.com invests £3m in first major UK offline advertising push
LONDON - Match.com is urging singletons to 'make love happen' in a £3m UK advertising campaign, launching next week.
It is the first major ad campaign for Match.com in this country, and will include television, radio and print ads. Created by the New York agency Hanft Raboy & Partners, the campaign focuses on how people feel when they first fall in love. Creative planning for the campaign is by London agency Monkey Communications with M2M handling the media buying.
There are three different executions, including a spot where a couple who only have eyes for each other end up falling into the cellar of a pub. The campaign has been directed by Jim Hosking, who was also director on The Number 118 118 campaign.
The TV ads will run across ITV, Channel Four, Sky, GMTV, Five and a selection of digital channels, starting September 5, with a second burst in October.
Match.com will be supporting the broadcast spots with a series of print ads, themed "inseparable", within the consumer press including Cosmopolitan, Red, Eve, Good Housekeeping, Marie Claire, Metro and Hello!
Samantha Bedford, UK managing director of Match.com, said: "As the biggest global internet dating brand and with the UK market at a tipping point, now is the time for investing in an offline campaign. 'Make Love Happen' will deliver major awareness of Match.com as many singles are considering broadening their dating options to the internet."
Earlier this month, the NetRatings online dating survey revealed that internet dating and personals websites attract more than 3.5m people a month in the UK -- an audience that has almost doubled in the last year alone -- with one in three internet users saying they would use an internet dating site to meet a partner.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London