WPP buys Indian creative shop Enterprise Nexus
LONDON - WPP Group is buying a majority stake in an Indian creative agency in an attempt to tighten its hold on developing global markets.
Although the deal is conditional on regulatory approval, the group's Bates Asia agency network has agreed to take over Mumbai-based Enterprise Nexus.
Upon completion, Bates Asia will also acquire Interpublic Group-owned Lowe & Partners' minority stake in the Indian agency.
Enterprise Nexus will subsequently be merged with WPP's Bates India operation.
The agency's last audited revenues for the year ended March 31 2004 were 148m rupees (£1.8m), with net assets of 31m rupees (£384,000).
The agency is headquartered in Mumbai, with offices in Delhi and Bangalore. It employs 130 full-time staff and has a number of major Indian and multinational clients.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton