Kate Moss to guest edit French Vogue with free Doherty duet CD
LONDON - Supermodel and tabloid favourite Kate Moss has been signed up to guest edit the French issue of Vogue magazine, in an issue that is reported to include a covermount CD featuring Moss singing a duet with her lover Pete Doherty.
According to a report in The Sun, Moss and Doherty have recorded a song called 'La Belle et La Bete', which translates as "Beauty and the Beast", to feature as a covermount CD on the issue of Vogue.
Doherty will already be familiar with Paris. He shot the video to his 2004 hit with Wolfman Jack, 'For Lovers', in the city.
Staff at Vogue in France confirmed that Moss had been lined up to guest edit the December/January issue of the fashion bible, but the story of the CD was not verified. A staff member said the process was just beginning.
However, The Sun reports that Moss and Doherty will appear in the magazine together as the "supercouple" of fashion.
Moss has no difficulty in racking up column inches about her career and private life, despite refusing to speak to members of the press for several years now.
Her relationship with Doherty, notorious for his struggles with drug addiction and run-ins with the law, has pushed the couple into the headlines. Her advancing years, for a supermodel, have not diminished her appeal for brands wishing to sign her up, and she is currently starring in ad campaigns for Chanel and Rimmel.
The Sun has suggested that the French Vogue article on Moss and Doherty could herald the couple signing a deal together. Moss recently topped a poll to be named the world's top supermodel in a television programme that appeared on Five.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London