Rimmel London unveils CD:UK sponsorship as new faces join
LONDON – Rimmel London is sponsoring ITV's Saturday morning pop show 'CD:UK' from tomorrow, coinciding with the show's new line-up of presenters.
The show has been put back to the Saturday morning slot it occupied before the summer, during which it has gone out on Sunday morning with guest presenters. The new presenters are former Hear'Say singer Myleene Klass, Xfm DJ Lauren Laverne and Johny Pitts.
Rimmel's six-figure sponsorship, negotiated by OMD Fuse, runs with the show on ITV1 and ITV2, targeting women aged 16-34. The spin-off 'CD:UK Hotshots' show will cover the older segment of the target audience.
The brand has been in the news this week as its celebrity ambassador model Kate Moss was alleged by the Daily Mirror yesterday to have a cocaine addiction.
The article showed pictures of the model, taken from video clips, apparently "snorting, chopping and sharing" out five lines of cocaine in just minutes.
The Rimmel sponsorship breaks will feature iconic shots of London set to "edgy" music and no reference to Moss, or any other model.
Cate Murden, associate director at OMD Fuse, said: "'CD:UK' is the perfect vehicle to drive awareness of the Rimmel London brand to the core audience while pushing the music credentials and the 'London-ness' of the brand."
Rimmel has associated itself with music before, having featured Sugababes in its ads and sponsored Capital FM's Party in the Park live event for three years.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London