Channel 4 appoints E4's Rufus Radcliffe as head of marketing
LONDON – Channel 4 has appointed E4 marketing chief Rufus Radcliffe as head of marketing for its main channel.
Radcliffe joined digital entertainment channel E4 in 2000 and worked on its launch and developing it into one of the UK's strongest digital channel brands.
More recently, he has been orchestrating the launch marketing campaign for documentary channel More4, which debuts on October 10.
Prior to joining Channel 4, Radcliffe worked for creative agencies McCann Erickson and JWT.
In his new role, Radcliffe will manage a team of six on marketing campaigns for the main channel while reporting directly to Polly Cochrane, director of marketing.
He joins as Channel 4 rides high on a series of critical and ratings successes including 'Lost', 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Jamie's School Dinners'.
Cochrane said Radcliffe's experience should benefit Channel 4 as it turns completely digital.
"He will bring additional strategic and commercial skills together with brand-building experience in a multi-channel universe, all of which will serve Channel 4 well as we gear up for switchover," she said.
In addition, Cochrane is in the process of recruiting for a newly created post -- head of marketing digital channels -- with responsibility for E4, More4, FilmFour, multiplexed services and any new digital channels.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London