Rimmel vows to stand by Kate Moss after she makes public apology
LONDON -Kate Moss's grovelling apology to her friends, family and business associates, appears to have saved her from losing a lucrative contract with Coty Beauty's Rimmel London brand after admitting she has 'various personal issues' and promising to sort them out.
It was originally believed that the apology for her alleged cocaine use had come days too late to save her career, however Coty now says it will stand by the model.
Coty had released a statement yesterday saying it was reviewing Moss's contract and was "shocked and dismayed" by the recent press reports about the 31-year-old's alleged cocaine use.
Moss released a statement through her agency Storm, saying "I take full responsibility for my actions" and adding that she wanted to apologise to all the people she had let down.
"I am trying to be positive, and the support and love I have received are invaluable," Moss said.
The apology comes a week after the Croydon-born model was pictured in the Daily Mirror snorting line after line of cocaine with her on/off boyfriend, temperamental rocker Pete Doherty.
Since the revelations, the £4m a year supermodel has lost three high-profile contracts. H&M backtracked on its earlier support to stand by Moss after she signed an apparent "good behaviour" contract, saying it would be dropping her from an upcoming ad campaign.
Burberry said it was "saddened by her current circumstances" and would not be extending her contract past October, and Chanel said it will not be renewing her £750,000 a year contract.
Moss's work with denim label Gloria Vanderbilt also looks to be at an end after its chief executive Jack Gross admitted he "would have second thoughts" about using the model for future ad campaigns.
Although under increasing pressure to drop the model from their ad campaigns, Christian Dior, H Stern and Fred Paris have so far all pledged to stand by Moss.
The model, who has a two-year-old daughter with ex-boyfriend and magazine publisher Jefferson Hack, has been dealt the added blow of an impending police investigation.
Police will be talking to the model, friends and family into her alleged dealings with the Class A drug and more serious allegations in The Sun that she has taken crack cocaine.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London